How to Use the Internet
for Your Activities
With more and more activity director resources available on the Internet, it’s becoming easier to use the Internet within a senior facility’s activity program.
Set up a resident computer or tablets in your facility’s Activity Room. If your facility does not have a computer to use, solicit donations of old or unused computers and tablets from family members. Here are a few suggestions for Internet-based activities:
- Connect with family members and share photos using Facebook.
- Research a resident’s genealogy and family origins.
- Improve a resident’s hand-eye coordination with online games.
- Show photos of a resident’s family home using Google Maps.
- Look up past companies where the resident worked or photos of his old high school.
- Pull up fun and unique exercise routines on YouTube.
- Play background music during Exercise Class.
- Locate interesting seminars and how-to videos.
- Learn about a particular country or local city each week.